Work and Study In Canada

Your Dream to Work and Study Here

Reasons to Work in Canada !

Their employment insurance includes facilitation to find jobs, benefits to the family, benefits if you are incapable to work due to sickness, benefits for self-employed people, benefits to fishers, and benefits to employee’s baby’s health, education, and security.

If you are working in Canada and want any help or assistance with regards to learning a language, filling out forms and getting a place to live, etc., you can approach the immigrant services located at various areas for facilitation.

Canada is ranking high in modern technologies. It is rapidly advancing. Canada is the best place for IT professionals and computer scientists. Canada has been accountable for many innovations and contributions to technology. Telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, aerospace, and engineering are some of the flourishing industries. As Canada is considered to have a high economy, sophisticated market, and highly developed education system thus new products, services and processes are booming in the industry.

The unemployment rate of Canada is around 7% which is very much better and tolerable than other developed countries. As mentioned above there are many policies and services that benefit an unemployed person to seek jobs.

The cost of living in Canada is very affordable as compared to other developed countries. Housing is cheap, food and dining out is cheaper, petrol, gas and cars are cheaper, and even power is cheaper. Thus the cost of living is low. The cost of transportation may be high in some cities but is cheaper than in other developed world’s cities.

If you have a valid work permit, your spouse can work too. Your kids can study for free in the pre higher secondary school. It will give you prospects to apply for permanent residency in Canada

Reasons To Study In cANADA !

Canada is a bilingual country, which makes studying here an excellent opportunity to develop your language skills and boost your prospects for an interesting career. Coursework in French and English is an integral part of Canada’s educational system, which enriches its cultural and community life.

Canadian college and university diplomas are recognized around the world. The Canadian educational system encourages cross-disciplinary studies and the development of transferable skills (e.g., critical thinking, teamwork and communications) and uses cutting-edge technology and digital media. Five Canadian universities ranked in 2018 top 100 for the best universities in the world according to the Times Higher Education World University Ratings.

The Canadian government offers a work program to students who have obtained a diploma from a post-secondary school in Canada and are looking to gain work experience. This is an excellent way to continue to live in Canada while diversifying and developing your professional skills

According to QS World University Rankings, three Canadian cities, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, made the list of the top 50 student cities. The ranking was based on several criteria, including affordability, the diversity of the student population, and employers’ perception of graduates on the job market. Canada boasts an enviable quality of life, with a cost of living (e.g., housing, transportation, tuition) that is lower than in other countries, such as the US, France and the UK and offers safety, stability and respect for the rights of individuals and communities.

 Canada provides all its international students with an opportunity to work for up to 20 hours every week during their semesters and full-time during the summer and winter breaks. To work on-campus or as an intern in any company, you would not require any additional work permit as your study permit is enough to help you find a part-time job.

Canada’s Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PWPP) allows students to stay and work in Canada for up to three years after completion of their graduation. You can gain some international work experience and apply for permanent residency later on.

Work and Study In Canada !

The Canadian Government has the best possible study infrastructure as well as the employment opportunities compared to any other country in the world. International students studying at a public university, a community college, or technical school are authorized to confer degrees and allowed to work on the campus of the institution they are attending without any work permit.Students are also given the provision to work for the institution itself, or for a private business located on the campus.

The country has also eased out the Off-Campus Work Permit Programme, and international students can work part-time during regular academic sessions for 20 hours a week and full-time during scheduled breaks, such as winter and summer holidays, and spring break.

The average hourly wage for jobs in Canada ranges from $15 to $25.The Canadian government has also been able to overtime provide Canadian scholarships for Nigerian students and there are also numerous scholarships in Canada for African students.

Working in Canada can go a long way towards helping you establish business contacts for the future and can even help you immigrate after graduation.

What is the cost of living and tuition in Canada?

Get ready for some insanely ranging numbers, because this will be a tough one.

Depending on where you want to study, at your university or even at your undergraduate degree, tuition can range from $5,500 to $29,000 a year. Yes, we realize how crazy it is.

Of course, because you won’t be living in the university, like a geeky Phantom of the Opera, you will have to consider all other expenses, like:

  • housing;
  • Public transport;
  • Food costs;
  • Books and study needs.

In Canada, these expenses can give figures of about 13,800 and 46,000 CAD/year. but then don’t worry keep reading to find a way out, don’t cut your academic dream shot.

Jobs for International Students in Canada

On-campus Jobs:-

As an international student, you are able to work on campus without a work permit while completing your studies if:

  • You have a valid study permit.
  • You are a full-time student at a post-secondary public school (college or university, or CEGEP in Quebec), or at a private college-level school in Quebec that operates under the same rules as public schools and is at least 50% funded by government grants, or at a Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law.
  • You have a Social Insurance Number.

Off-Campus Jobs:-

As an international student, you are able to work off-campus without a work permit  while completing your studies if:

  • You have a valid study permit;
  • You are a full-time student in a designated learning institution (a post-secondary program, or in Quebec at a vocational program at the secondary level as well);
  • Your study program is academic, vocational or professional, it lasts at least six months and leads to a degree, diploma or certificate.
  • You are only working up to a maximum of 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full time during scheduled breaks (for example, winter and summer holidays or spring break).


Certain study programs include work requirements such as co-op or internships. In such cases, a work permit is required in order for the foreign student to be able to complete the work.

Solution Humbae has positively affected the career outcomes of innumerable aspirants and our ongoing relationship with our students has been a gratifying story of unparalleled success. We have placed many students in universities in the countries that we represent. You can also be a part of Solution Humbae’s success stories and add a new dimension to your career and life.